On Wednesday, I received a note from http://agujasblog.com/ saying that she has passed on her Beautiful Blogger Award to me. I am just so pleased and surprised by this. Thank you very much Agujas!
I started this blog as a sort of journal or portfolio of the things that I make, the places I go, and just general thoughts about where we live. I thought that if a few people looked at it, that would be cool too. To have this given to me is really special. Thank you!
There are rules that go along with this award. You are supposed to:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
6. Inform the nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
If you have not been to agujas blog, it is worth taking a minute to have a peek. She has a great writing style, and her enthusiasm for fiber crafts just shines through the pages. Of particular interest also was her writing about a back packing trip to Real de Catorce.
Seven things about myself?
* I grew up next to the ocean and now live in the mountains surrounded by rivers.
* My houseplants have names (Fern, Droopy….)
* I love to eat apples and cheese together.
* I have
an addiction to a love for bags of all sizes and colors (this is inherited and not in any way my fault).
* I like to listen to Harry Potter books on tape in the car while driving.
* I like to fly kites and keep a kite bag (a hikers back pack) in the car with all sorts of kites and various tools and stuff for kite flying.
* I have a teddy bear collection, not because I especially like stuffed bears, but because we find them in odd places–we find lots of them–like to woods, in ditches by the road, in parking lots.
* And how about a number 8—I’m not overly technically savvy—I do not facebook, twitter, i-anything, text (I have a pre-paid trac phone, not a real cell phone), and have no desire to. This blog is about as computer-ish as I get. My buttons don’t always work and I don’t have lots of gadgets on my blog because I don’t know how to do that!
I really love the idea of these types of awards. What a neat way of recognizing someone else’s hard work and art and craft. And a nice way to pass the word around about other blogs that might appeal to those of us with similar interests.
I don’t have a list of 15 bloggers to pass this on to. I do have a few that I check out on a daily basis, and can come up with a fair list, so I may add to it later on, if that is allowed!
1. The Sweaty Knitter: http://sweatyknitter.com/ Karen, the sweaty knitter, has such and interesting way of presenting really detailed information about knitting and other crafts. There is so much effort put into her posts. Some history, some perspective, and some interesting questions too.
2. Ngo Family Farm: http://www.ngofamilyfarm.com/ Gardening, recipes, and beautiful photos of a family farm in Colorado.
3. Natural Suburbia: http://www.naturalsuburbia.com/ Linda, who lives in South Africa, hosts Creative Fridays where other bloggers can link to her site to share what they are working on for that week.
4. reWOLLuza: http://rewolluzza.wordpress.com/ Beautiful knitting from Münster, Northrhine-Westphalia. Great photos and project updates.
5. Andrea, the Wonder Why Gal at http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.com/ also hosts a fiber meet up, Fiber Arts Friday. Another great way to see what so many talented folks are working on.
6. Naturally Tasmanian: http://www.naturallytasmanian.blogspot.com.au/ shares views of her family working on natural and creative projects. I love that she has a nature table in her home. What a great idea!
7. Ally B: http://allybthatsme.blogspot.com/ spins and knits and shares her life with a really cute dog.
I have really liked seeing what others do with their talents, and also getting a glimpse into other corners of this big/small world.