I did it. I am really happy with this color. This is exactly what I was aiming for the first time.
This is that miserable bubble gum pink that I pulled out of the roving overdyed with red and a bit of green. This was randomly mixed as it was the ends of two jars of dye.
This is the extra roving that I added. This started out as white. They dye was an interesting mix of red, orange, and a tiny bit of green.
I learned something interesting about reddish brown today. Adding red dye and brown dye does not yield reddish brown (that was the pink mistake). Adding a tiny bit of green dye to red dye yields the most beautiful reddish brown. Interesting.
Once this batch is dry, I will show you the roving all together. From what was really disappointing earlier today, has turned out to be really great. I’m glad that I fixed the color mistakes this way. And I learned a few things today too. And I had fun. I have been wanting to do some dyeing for a long time. I hope you enjoyed it too, and were not too irritated with the play by play updates. I think next time I will wait until the project is complete before I post about it.